Friday, November 13, 2009

Sachin Tendulkar completes 20years in cricket


20 years ago a little gem called Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar made his debut for India and today he holds numerous records in both forms of the game. Lets salute the Master Blaster and take a look at history.





Not many remember that during his debut tour to Pakistan there was a 20 over exibition match played where Sachin scored 53 runs of just 18 balls. It has to be best remembered for him hitting the Pakistani leggie Abdul Qadir for 28 runs in one over. Later the then captain Kris Srikant said"Its one of the best innings that I have seen."


Sachin quotes:


"When I started learning cricket from my coach Ramakant Achrekar,I was told clearly by him that not only should I respect the game, I should worship cricket also and then only cricket will take care of me. I still believe in that."


"I wanted to be as solid as Sunil Gavaskar and as destructive as Vivian Richards because that combination was always going to be lethal. I felt truly inspired by these two individuals on the field."


No comments:

Post a Comment